SkirtingBoards.com operates under trade-only terms, business to business — including sole traders and local authorities.
The information you give us will only be used for the purposes of the sale and facilitating the services we offer you.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to COVID-19, we are experiencing delays on some orders and staff are on very limited hours of operation. While we are making every effort to avoid disruptions, it is an express term of any contract that such unexpected and/or unavoidable delays do not amount to a breach of contract during the course of this pandemic.
- All prices are subject to change and availability.
- Prices quoted will be subject to the current VAT rate, which at time of writing stands at 20% on all purchases.
- Delivery will be quoted per order according to the current pricing from selected couriers; the delivery quoted may not be the actual delivery cost and you may be asked to pay any reasonable increase levied by the courier. You are liable to pay for all carriage charges as a result of a cancellation, return, or refusal. This is further addressed in Deliveries.
- Payments may be made via bank transfer (preferred) or our virtual terminal or other secure merchant terminals such as Google Pay / Paypal / Stripe, where indicated. We do not accept cash or cheque payments.
- All invoices must be paid with cleared funds in full before manufacture and/or shipment can proceed.
- Any payment details provided are only used for payment processing and not stored by us. Payment details may be stored securely in accordance with our payment terminal provider.
- Product Descriptions, Definitions & Specifications
- Skirting Boards: Items sold described as skirting boards are intended for use at the base of a wall. We cannot guarantee their effective use for any other purpose, although they may be used as substitute moulding in other areas.
- Architrave: Items sold described as architrave are intended for use to surround a doorway, and a “set” is taken to mean the surround of one single door, on one side. A double set is taken to mean a doorway wider than the standard width. We cannot guarantee their effective use for any other purpose, although they may be used as substitute moulding in other areas.
- Images are used for the most part to give a graphical representation of the product, however, the precise measurements and colours may differ from the actual product supplied particularly when CAD drawings are used only for illustration.
- MDF means Medium Density Fibre – actual specification may vary depending on the supplier of materials.
- Primed boards: Where we offer boards in a primed condition, they may appear rough to touch and may require sanding before a final coat of paint is applied – this is normal.
- Sizes and specification: We will, where possible, confirm in your order the specification of materials being provided, which may differ from standard information on our websites. For example, softwoods will vary in length according to the stock currently held, e.g. 4.5m, 4.8m etc. Where sizes are indicated, they may fluctuate according to the nature of the materials used, e.g. Timber lengths advertised as 3m lengths may be supplied as 3050mm or 2950mm according to availability. In this case, we always make best efforts to closely match the overall meterage ordered by supplying an additional length. Where you provide a custom design, we will produce the design on a best efforts basis to most closely representing the overall size or design required. Inaccuracies will not under these circumstances grant a right of refund or cancellation.
- Profiles may vary from time to time and reflect the “Style” of profile produced; therefore samples are only an aesthetic representation of the finished design and may not reflect exact measurements of the final product. If exact measurements are required, they must be signed off on a separate profile confirmation diagram with dimensions and specifications cited on the document, provided and signed by the customer to confirm.
- If by expertise or judgement, we decide the structural integrity of the product requires an alternative specification to ensure a product will be delivered which is fit for purpose, we reserve the right to implement this change and will make efforts to ensure the finished installed product will be as similar as possible.
- If you do not specify any particular detail when placing your order, we will provide the most suitable and cost-effective product according to the information you have given us. Generally, this will mean 18mm thick MDF.
- Should you order multiple “Primed” products from us, we cannot guarantee that their finish qualities will be the same, as manufacturing processes may be different for different lengths and or profiles of material
- The person fitting our products is assumed to be a professional, with competence and experience in fitting the products ordered. We will not be held liable in any way for any costs or otherwise associated with fitting the products we provide, nor roll-over costs from delayed schedules or otherwise.
- All Natural timbers :
- will vary in colour and grain, often to a substantial degree. This is an expected, accepted and natural occurrence in timbers.
- may naturally split along grain lines, this is a natural occurrence and does not detract from the longevity of the product or fitness for purpose. In such cases, you are advised to use a standard wood glue between the split and avoid splitting it further. Please note that such splits will not be considered ‘damage’
- Softwood/Pine: In the case of pine, while a specific length will be quoted, this is used only as an average or guide length, and your order will match the total meterage rather than specific lengths. Actual lengths of material provided may vary due to the requirement of using mixed source material.
- Product dimensions may only be as accurate as those supplied by any third party manufacturer where applicable
- Finished and Unfinished products :
- Primed and Unprimed products are considered to be ‘raw materials’ and will require priming, sanding and finishing steps before the product will be considered “Finished”. In the case of hardwood/softwood this process will be taken to mean first and second coats of lacquer/varnish/oil.
- Many of our products are sold as “double primed and sanded” which vastly reduces the time and effort required on your part, but some preparation may still be required
- Due to the nature of raw materials, their length, size and delivery methods, minor marks may occur along the faces/edges of the product and under normal circumstances will not be considered as defects, damage or aversion to fitness for purpose. Such marks will, in the vast majority of cases disappear during sanding, priming, preparation and finishing steps.
- It is understood that you will arrange a competent tradesperson to complete such preparation and finishing processes
- Custom products refer to products that are produced to order, and not carried as a standard or stock item at the time of order. Standard stock does vary and you must check at the time of ordering whether the product is currently standard or custom.
- Your Order
- Your order will be confirmed within an invoice sent to you by email to an address you provide. This invoice will constitute a confirmation of your final order with us.
- All orders are formed as a business-to-business contract
- You are required to check your order invoice and alert us to any errors in writing within 24 hours in order for it to be amended without such notification, the order will be produced as per the invoice and any errors will not affect our cancellation policy.
- If you request a pro forma invoice, this will constitute your acceptance of our terms and your confirmation of your order with our company. On the basis of a request for a pro forma invoice, we may begin manufacture of your goods, and you will be liable for the full order value.
- Incorrect details on an invoice do not automatically allow you to cancel, rather your order will be amended.
- Your Details
- You must provide an accurate email address in order to receive the invoice. We will make best attempts to resend failed emails, however, we cannot guarantee delivery if the information you provide to us is incorrect.
- You must provide an accurate contact telephone number for liaison both in relation to confirmation of details of the order and in relation to the delivery of your goods. If no number is provided or is incorrect, we reserve the right to add any reasonable delay of delivery to our estimated delivery schedule.
- A company name must be provided on all orders, as they are business-to-business contracts however if no company/business/trading name is provided, the contact name provided shall constitute a business/trading name in relation to the order
- An accurate billing address must be provided. Your payment method must be registered to this billing address. If this address proves to be invalid/incorrect, we reserve the right to apply charges in relation to verification of the payment, and we may also delay your order until we are able to verify a transaction to your billing address
- An accurate delivery address is required to receive the goods within the estimated schedule of delivery. This is further covered in (5. “Delivery”)
- Delivery of your order will, under normal circumstances, be within 28 days of receiving cleared payment your order or sooner. We may make an estimate with regard to a delivery date, but this cannot be guaranteed.
- Risk and ownership of the goods shall pass to the buyer upon collection of the goods by the designated courier intending delivery to the designated delivery address, provided that full cleared payment has been made.
- It is an express term of this contract that unexpected or exceptional delays in delivery do not amount to a breach of contract.
- We will always endeavour to inform you the day before, or earlier if possible that delivery will take place however it is your responsibility to ensure someone will be available to take delivery at the address provided. Failure to do so may incur additional re-delivery charges.
- Unless an alternative and suitable delivery address is provided, delivery will be made to the billing address as provided for the invoice.
- The delivery address must be suitable for a large vehicle to deliver goods to avoid additional charges.
- We will not under ANY circumstances be held responsible for costs/liabilities/ penalties incurred due to delivery not conforming with your construction schedule, scheduled workers, accessibility or suitability of ordered goods.
- Under normal circumstances you will be provided tracking information where available from the carrier in order to track the progress of delivery however on occasion, no tracking information will be available.
- Delivery will require a signature upon delivery which will constitute your acceptance and confirmation that the correct goods have arrived in good condition.
- Damage compensation cannot be claimed unless:
- The delivery docket (POD) is marked as damaged. Writing “unchecked” will not be sufficient;
- You must provide satisfactory photographic evidence of damage on each damaged item, within 7 days, which is consistent with transit damage;
- We retain the right to inspect goods in full prior to authorisation of replacements where transit damage has occurred.
- If you decide to have the courier deliver your goods without a signature / OR you are not available for delivery, e.g. they are left outside / beside your property OR you have a third party sign for the goods, this does not relieve liability of delivery confirmation and we cannot, therefore, take responsibility for any damage during transit without being marked as ‘damaged’ and as such we cannot accept liability for damage. In such an event, our courier may examine the goods and sign off their arrival in good condition in your absence.
- If a delivery fails because you / someone is not available to receive the goods, we will not refund the shipping charges, and you will be charged an additional delivery fee for each additional delivery attempt. Alternatively, we may leave your products at your property, or with a neighbour.
- We may make partial shipments of your order if only part of your order is ready for delivery at that time, OR if part of your order is damaged / defective in the original consignment. This must be noted on the original delivery document.
- If part of your order is missing upon delivery, you must mark the delivery docket “incomplete” in order to claim for missing goods
- If you or any person acting on your behalf rejects or refuses to accept a delivery you will be charged any carriage forwarding charge as well as a standard administration fee of £30
- Any additional charges charged to us by the courier, either for failed delivery attempts or carriage forwarding to an alternate address, will be charged to you under these terms.
- Should you fail to make us aware that your delivery address is difficult to access with a large vehicle, such as an artic truck or curtain sider lorry, charges incurred by us will be charged to you.
- The unloading of goods from the delivery van or truck is your responsibility. In some circumstances, a driver may unload the goods for you, or help to unload the goods, but this is solely at the driver’s discretion. If nobody is available to unload goods, the driver may need to arrange a re-delivery, additional charges for which will be on charged to you.
- You must ensure that the delivery point is suitable for delivery of the products. We will not accept liability of any damage caused to your property or vehicles during the delivery of goods. In such an event we will provide contact information for the relevant courier in order for you to pursue compensation from them if so due.
- If for whatever reason your order arrives incomplete, incorrect or damaged, we have a further 28 days from the date you inform us, to make good on your order. If further confirmation of incomplete, incorrect or damaged orders is required by us, ie. through photographic evidence, 28 days will start from the day after this is provided.
- If you believe you have received incorrect items, you are required to accept delivery of these items so that we can arrange inspection or return as required. If you reject, refuse to accept or return goods you believe are incorrect, you will be charged as above.
- Quoted shipping charges are only an estimate and may vary from time to time. Although we make efforts to quote an accurate shipping price, should the actual shipping cost differ from that quoted, you will be liable for the full shipping charge.
- Storage of products
- We do not advise storing any boards for any length of time after delivery. This is due to both undesirable pressures applied on the boards from any direction (particularly profiling) and also atmospheric conditions that we cannot account for
- We cannot accept liability for defective goods that have been kept in storage, for reasons given above.
- If you are not ready to receive your order, and require us to store it, we can not guarantee its quality more than 7 days without unpacking charges as it is not ideal to store the products in shipping materials. Additional storage charges may occur.
- Cancellation terms will apply immediately upon the point of sale
- During the cancellation period, you agree to retain possession of the goods and to take reasonable care of them, and you are liable for their condition.
- You may not cancel your order if any part of it is made to a custom design or specification not currently offered in our standard range.
- If you decide to return your order, you must do so;
- In the original packaging;
- In the original and resalable condition; and
- Within 7 days of cancelling the order.
- If you do not return the goods, we may charge you for the direct cost of recovery of the goods, which you must make available for collection
- If you fail to return the goods and/or make them available for collection you are liable for their full value as well as any carriage charges
- If you decide to cancel your order, we cannot refund any carriage charges for the delivery, return or any part of the transit to/from your premises.
- If any part of the order is damaged upon return, we will deduct a reasonable percentage of the cost from any refund
- Cancellation must be made in writing, by post, to the address below, and must be followed up with a phone call.
- Your refund will be provided as soon as possible after cancellation, minus a 30% administration fee but not later than 30 days after receipt of your written cancellation. This cancellation charge applies to all orders, dispatched or not.
- The goods must be returned to us as soon as possible, but no later than 14 days after cancellation. If this doesn’t occur you will remain liable for the full cost of your order and any other charges, and we may take legal action to recover these.
- Damaged / Incorrect Goods:
- If goods arrive damaged, you are required to mark the delivery as “Damaged” in order to qualify for our claims procedure.
- You must notify us in writing within 24 hours of receipt of a damaged or incorrect consignment so that we can apply our claims procedure. We retain the right to replace the damaged or incorrect goods within 28 days. Should you wish to cancel the order at this stage, the usual cancellation terms apply, and shipping will not be refunded
- If the goods are damaged, incomplete or incorrect, you are required by our terms and conditions to receive the goods and sign for them as “damaged”. If you or any person acting on your behalf rejects or refuses to accept a delivery for whatsoever reason, you will be charged any carriage forwarding charges and redelivery charges, as well as a standard administration fee of £30 regardless of the condition in which the goods arrived.
- You are required to send clear photographic documentation of each of the damaged / incorrect goods within 24 hours of receiving those goods in order to be eligible for replacement goods.
- You are required to retain ALL goods claimed to be defective, incorrect OR damaged, so that they can be collected by ourselves or the carrier for inspection if required. If the goods are not made available for collection, no compensation nor refund will be provided. If we collect, once they have been returned back to us or our carrier depot, they will be inspected for the claimed damage before a refund may be agreed.
- If an order is partially damaged or incorrect, only the damaged or incorrect portion will be replaced and only goods clearly visible and with damage, clearly visible in the photographic documentation provided by you will be replaced.
- Fraudulent and/or Incorrect Claims or Chargebacks:
- If you raise fraudulent, unsupported or incorrect claims in relation to any of but not limited to the following; Damage claims, bank/card chargebacks or other payment disputes or legal claims then;
- We reserve the right to charge you an administration fee of £50 plus legal expenses of £275 per hour plus VAT and add these to your invoice or issue recovery proceedings.
- We may decline further orders from you
- We reserve the right to raise additional claims where necessary
- We will retain information for as long as is necessary or until all matters are resolved.